Start Date: CURRENTLY OPEN
Application Deadline: 2 months before intended start date
Standard length of internship: 6 months
Thesis availability: None
Fraunhofer USA – Center for Manufacturing Innovation – conducts advanced R&D and engineers solutions for a broad range of industries, including biotech/biomedical, consumer products, energy, and fiber optics/photonics. Our services include custom automation systems, biomedical instruments, biomedical devices, process management, and consulting.
Responsibilities and learning opportunities:
Our engineering interns work with custom automation systems in project teams led by experienced engineering professionals that will help guide and supervise them throughout our current client based projects.
Primary tasks will be:
- Preparation of mechanical engineering calculations, reports, and construction drawings
- Assisting with data collection, analysis, and reporting for parts and/or process issues
- Assist technicians in creating and/or updating assembly procedures
- Engage in process improvements and efficiency projects
- Take part in new product/process commercialization activities
What we expect:
- A good academic record in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, or related field
- A keen interest in engineering and science topics, combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with the ability to work independently
- Intercultural capabilities and motivation to integrate into American culture
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with CNC machining is a plus
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunity to acquire practical research experience through responsibilities.
- Integration as a fully valued member in our team
- Housing in a shared apartment with fellow interns and a monthly stipend
Applicants for a Fraunhofer USA CMI Internship must be enrolled in a college or university or within one year of graduation at the time of starting the internship.
- Send an email with Your Name and suggested internship in the subject field
- Attach your cover letter, resume, transcripts, and any letters of recommendations. Single PDF files are preferred, not required
- Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org